- 每年配合马大医院血库机构举办 2次的捐血运动，提倡爱心与关怀社会的讯息。
- 制作大型音乐剧 -《宝镜音乐剧》- 于2008
Yayasan Guan Yin (YGY) was incorporated as a non-profit making organization to promote and propagate Buddhism and to work closely with other Buddhist associations to foster compassion, tolerance, peace and harmony throughout our society. Besides spreading the message of kindness and understanding, it also sets out to organize charity events and activities to alleviate the plight of the needy and unfortunate.
Registered under the Malaysian Companies Act on 25th May 1999, the Foundation is presently located in Subang Jaya and currently enjoys a membership of about 1,000 followers.
Before its formation, a group of dedicated volunteers led by Datuk Tan Swee Lai organized the first ever large scale stage production titled “Thousand Arms Thousand Eyes Theatrical Performance”. This production featuring top class performers from China, supported by many local artistes, was a runway success with all 12 shows completely sold out. Inspired by this success, Datuk and this group of volunteers decided to form an organization to propagate the teachings of the Buddha and to spread his message of kindness and compassion to all. As a result of their determination, Yayasan Guan Yin was established to further promote their noble cause and undertakings to the well-being and welfare of the society.
- To further develop Buddhism.
- To promote and inspire cultural education.
- To help the less fortunate.
Large-scale Event Production and Activities
Some of the major events we have promoted include:
- Produced the “Thousand Eyes Thousand Arms Theatrical Performance” in 1999 and 2001 to propagate the spirit of compassion and selflessness of Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva. This performance was an artistic collaboration of China and local art and cultural performers, and was a success with all 22 shows being sold out.
- Organized “Love in Heart, Kindness in Action” resource recycling project, to promote awareness about our environment.
- Collaborated with the blood bank unit of University of Malaya to organise blood donation campaign semi-annually, to spread the message of a loving and caring society Collaborated with the blood bank unit of University of Malaya to organise blood donation campaign semi-annually, to spread the message of a loving and caring society.
- Organized the program “Awakening Encounter – Meeting His Holiness Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche” in 2003, an event comprising Buddhist teachings and prayers, empowerment ceremonies, and large scale performances.
- Organized “Serene Night” annually since 2001 to promote Wesak Celebration.
- Produced “Magic Mirror – The Musical” in 2008.
- Initiated the choir in 2010 performing Serene Hymns to spread the message of peace and harmony to various places, during “Serene Month” in conjunction with Wesak Month celebration.
- Re-staged 10 shows of the musical performance “Magic Mirror – The Musical” in 2011, at Istana Budaya, which featured highly talented casts comprising performing artistes from Malaysia and China.
- Leading students from ASWARA Dance Academy to join “Hongtougu” China-ASEAN Art Education Achievement meet” in November 2012.
- Organized 6 shows of the musical performance “Magic Mirror – The Musical” in 2013, at Fo Guang Shan, Kaoshiung, Taiwan.
- Organized “Affinity with Nan Yang” dance performance by top youth dancers from China and Malaysia at Istana Budaya in February 2013.
- Joint-organizer for “Chinese Ethnic Song & Dance Gala Show” at Istana Budaya in October 2013, an international dance performance featuring world renowned dancer Ms Yang Liping and other first class dancers from China.